Wednesday 9 January 2013

Progress At BNI Bravo

As some of you may know I have been a member of local Aberdeen business networking group BNI Bravo,  for over 2 years now. In that time, I have seen my business grow dramatically because of referrals and work done within the chapter.

One of the problems with working online (at home!) is the sense of isolation but, so I have to say that I really enjoy the weekly meetings for it gives me a chance to 're-integrate' back into the real world. They also do a mean line in cooked breakfasts :)

Last year I pointed out that the chapter's website was badly in need of some SEO and a bit of TLC, so I was given the job of fixing things with a view to getting more traffic and generating more leads for new members.

The new site was developed in Joomla and went live around the middle of the year.

One of the features of the site are the members profiles where each member of the group has a chance to showcase their business, complete with images, maps, a small write up and contact details. Its kind of like a mini business directory.

The amazing thing was, that after setting up some of the profiles a few of them started to rank for local search terms. So, I seized the chance to rank a few and, lo and behold - it worked. A recent rank check shows that we are now ranking on the front page of Google.co.uk for 6 search terms and about 30 others are hovering around pages 2-3. Not bad for a few months effort.

I'm now hoping to rank everyone's profile for their business type ie 'painter and decorator' and the term Aberdeen to draw in qualified, local leads.

Check out the screenie below - its a bit small but you can click on it!



If you would like me to do the same for your local business then why not get i touch on 01224 515365


No comments:

Post a Comment